Office Manager/Communications Coordinator
- 25-30 Hours/Week
- $15-17/ Hour
Together Baton Rouge seeks an Office Manager/Communications Coordinator to support the Lead Organizer and volunteer leaders with day-to-day administration of a grassroots citizen’s organization. Administrative tasks include: scheduling meetings, engaging with media, stewarding donor relationships, managing intake of dues/donations, and coordinating communications.
- Communicate with liaisons of TBR action teams and member institutions on a weekly basis, ensuring that both active and potential leaders have the information they need to regularly engage in organizing initiatives.
- Developing a working knowledge of Nation Builder—the back-end for online TBR communications, donation management, and contacts—in order to manage communications/donations and upkeep our contacts database
- Regularly update the organization's calendar with information on upcoming meetings, training, and actions
- Work with the Lead Organizer and leaders to develop weekly and monthly emails pertaining to the activities of Together Baton Rouge.
- Manage a volunteer data entry team tasked with uploading information on meeting attendees to our organizational database, hosted by Nation Builder
- Steward donor relationships by preparing thank-you notes for major donors and leading a team of volunteer leaders in preparing thank-yous following large fundraising drives
- Assist leaders and Lead Organizer in making turn-out phone calls for major monthly meetings and actions
- Assist lead organizer with scheduling weekly meetings
- Assist leaders with scheduling and set-up of Zoom meetings
- Answer phones and receive visitors at the TBR office; regularly check and respond to emails at our organizational address
- Support set-up and break-down of in-person organizing events
If you are interested or have any questions about the position please send your resume to Rev. Betsy Irvine at [email protected]