Application deadline: October 15, 2018
Together Baton Rouge seeks dynamic, innovative person to lead communications at the forefront of citizen-led change in Baton Rouge.
Coordinating external communications for citizen-led campaigns, including on health and food access, criminal justice reform, public education reform and teacher salaries, tax fairness and flood recovery and prevention.
- Developing systems for internal communications among organizational leaders and member institutions using the NationBuilder platform.
- Attending internal meetings and staying informed about TBR strategies.
- Developing systems for and coordinating volunteer-led communication networks.
- Managing email communications and invitations to events.
- Work closely with Lead Organizer to develop and execute materials for fund-development strategies.
- Manage communications data and create systems to keep it up to date.
- Draft and distribute news releases, media alerts and other stories on TBR’s work.
- Update website into a more effective tool for sharing analysis of major issues and campaigns.
- Manage RSVP pages for events on NationBuilder platform.
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) and cultivate engagement.
- Strong passion for bringing about positive change.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent listening skills with ability to synthesize a variety of input
- Skilled in using online and social media, knows excel, capable of learning new online media platforms
- Design experience and skilled in using Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, or other design programs
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of projects
- Organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to anticipate needs in terms of print and online materials and to meet self-imposed deadlines
Required Academic and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- 2-3 years experience in a field where effective public communication was a major function.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.