This session of the civic academy series will look at Criminal Justice Reform and Police Reform in Baton Rouge and across Louisiana.
It will look at:
- why Louisiana has lead the nation in incarceration,
- whether more incarceration means less crime,
- the unequal enforcement of non-violent, drug possession laws,
- the role of non-unanimous juries in mass incarceration
- officer salaries and making our police force more representative of our community
- the track record on police use of force in Baton Rouge.
Most important, the session will include action steps toward building a smarter, more effective approach to criminal justice in our community.
RSVP below ...
3912 Gus Young Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Google map and directions